Monday, June 13, 2016

RICHARD BRANSON'S BEAUTIFUL RESPONSE TO A 13-YEAR -OLD DYSLEXIC




Dear Victor,
Thank you for your letter. I am most humbled that you find inspiration in my story. Like you, I have struggled with dyslexia, and at times my condition has made me feel the lowest of lows. I can't overemphasise how useless I was at school. I didn't fit in, I couldn't keep up and was left convinced that I was lazy and dumb. Not seeing any benefits from remaining in education, I left school aged 16.
I am definitely not telling you to leave school. It sounds like you’re in a great school, which is catering well to your learning needs – so you’re off to a much better start than me. Just don’t worry if you find things difficult… remember: school does not define you. (virgin.com)

1 comment:

  1. such encouraging words. he is not just wealthy but humble and intelligent.

    ReplyDelete