Thursday, June 16, 2016

BABINGTON STUDENTS AND CHINESE NATIONAL KIDNAPPERS CONFESSES





                                                                    getty

The Lagos State Police Command, yesterday, paraded those involved in the kidnapping of Hang Kumming, a Chinese, of GMC Construction Company, located at Ibeju Lekki of Ajah, three weeks ago. One of the arrested suspects revealed how they carried out the kidnapping of three students from Babington Macaulay Seminary School at Ikorodu earlier in the year.



The five kidnappers, identified as Felix Silver, 38; Oluwadare Segun, 32; Taye Videznon, Loco Amos, Funmi Adeshina, Adesola Ognmefum and Adebowale Johnson, were arrested after they kidnapped the Chinese.


Parading the suspects, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Owoseni Fatai, who disclosed that Felix Silver was arrested last week, said he is the leader of armed robbery and kidnapping operations in Ikorodu, Epe and Ibafo axis. Suspect’s account narrating how they carried out the kidnapping of the three students of Babington Macaulay, 38-year-old Felix Silver said: “We bore a hole in a section of the school fence through which we gained entrance and kidnapped the girls.

“We got N5.4 million as ransom and my share was N300, 000. “When the police began to look for me, I went underground. They arrested my sister and my son. I have been on the run till a friend, Adebowale Johnson, called me to assist him to kidnap his Chinese boss, Hang Kumming, because they have been slashing his salary.

“The operation was successful, but we were arrested after some of the workers confessed. I was in a hotel with my girlfriend in Ikorodu when I was arrested by operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad. “In Lagos State, I have participated in about three kidnap operations. I have never killed anyone during operations. “I was not among the group that killed the DSS operatives. I was a trader before I got involved in kidnapping.”  (vanguard)

No comments:

Post a Comment