Tuesday, August 9, 2016

MICHAEL BROWN'S DEATH, STILL FRESH IN MY MEMORY- AUGUST 9 2014



                                                       The trigger happy cop and late Michael Brown

Once again I, thank God for adding another year to my years today. I celebrate this day with extreme mixed feelings as 'happenstance' has made it to be so.
While  I, was celebrating this beautiful day two years back with some friends, eating , drinking , dancing and generally having fun, suddenly the room was filled with negative and cold emotions immediately the brutal killing  of Michael Brown by a white police officer  popped up the TV screen as 'breaking news'.

I, lost my voice as the cake I, had in my mouth was half way down my throat, I quickly sat on the sofa close to me . So many thoughts flooded my mind within a second. How bad can it really be, that he left the house with the hope of going back home, but never made it alive but dead on the street.

My mind went to his parents, siblings , family and friends. How would they feel? how would they take the news? Would they ever feel secure in their community? what would be their reaction at the sight of a white cop?

My heart goes out to his parents, siblings his friends and families and I wish to let you know that I also grief with you and I, pray that God will give you the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment