Friday, September 2, 2016

AEDC SALES REPRESENTATIVE UNABLE TO IDENTIFY AND PRONOUNCE FIGURES-EMPLOYMENT ERROR


                           

I was unable to buy my pre-paid top up from one of the vendors , so I, went to the AEDC office by Oti Carpets  Wuse 2 in Abuja.
 
I got to the Customer Service Unit and I, was attended to nicely by one of the CS staff. On the other hand, I, was furious explaining to them that the service charge ought not to have accumulated if there was constant power supply in the area where I have a shop because my last purchase was in December 2015. 


Any ways we made our way to the sales point , got to the first cubicle , then the CS staff asked the lady to check the service charged being owed on my card she said N20,000 . The CS staff was not sure of what she heard and asked her to reconfirm , the sales officer then said that she does not know how to call out the figures that she can she 2011. At this point I realised that the staff could not pronounce Two Thousand and Eleven Naira .  This is what a primary 3 student would have effortlessly called out the figure .


Now this is a clear case of a round peg in a square hole. May be the lady is related to one of the AEDC bosses , minister , senator or some kind of miserable connection. When will we start employing candidates on" merit" and not on "man know man" basis?  Back door employment should cease. It kills organisations or Companies. Empowering that lady in a trade would have been more like it than giving her that job rather than publicly disgracing herself and embarrassing Abuja Electricity Distribution Company. 

Yes , I, was told that service charge has been scrapped , don't rejoice yet am sure it was embedded in the tariff .

  

No comments:

Post a Comment